Hockey Initiation is a skills development program designed to introduce young hockey players to the fundamentals of ice hockey. This program is designed for players coming from Little Ducks looking to continue their skill development.
“Think experience over perfection in the early years of development”.
Hockey player development is not just about practice. The key is a purposeful development in the right environment, surrounding players with positive reinforcement and a comprehensive skill development training curriculum.
Our goal is to not only give players the opportunity to learn and refine basic hockey skills, but experience game like situations, build confidence while having a great experience. We often like to say the game teaches itself, and with a positive, fun, and controlled environment we can offer players the opportunity to develop skills that can translate to being successful for a lifetime of hockey enjoyment.
8 weeks; Basic Skating Skills required
Initiation focuses on fundamental skills over game situations. In the early stages of a player’s hockey journey we work to develop a foundation and basic skill set (skating, stickhandling, passing, and shooting). This program is designed for players coming from Little Ducks looking to continue their development of proper hockey skill sets.
**Depending on age and skill level, it’s not uncommon for players to repeat this program until such skills are acquired. Parents should consult their hockey department prior to transitioning their players to the next steps.**
- Paid in Full - $230
- Two-payment Option - $270
- $135 due at registration
- $135 due July 16
Sundays, 9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- April 16, 23 & 30
- May 14 & 21
- June 2, 11, & 18
- June 25
- July 2, 9, 16 & 23
- August 6, 13 & 20
- 8 weeks of instruction
- Repeat participants will only be issued a jersey on an as needed basis
- Full equipment is required to participate in Hockey Initiation
- 2022-2023 USA Hockey membership is required for participation.
- To check your membership or re-register click here
- Login to customer account
- Proceed with registration for desired program(s)
- When finished registering for your programs, checkout of the shopping cart
- If there is a credit on your account, it will appear as an option to use for payment
- Click FAMILY CREDIT
- Confirm the amount that you want to apply
- Click USE CREDIT and complete the transaction
For more information, contact:
Anaheim ICE Program Office
714.535.7465 ext. “0”
Anaheim ICE Youth Hockey Coordinator – Carlos Rich
Anaheim ICE Hockey Manager – Jon Mainberger
The Rinks Hockey Director – Rick Hutchinson